Farm tour and dahlia bunch workshop
Out of stock
Friday 18th of March. 5:30-8:30pm.
Together Ethan and Lorelie Merton grow over 5,500 dahlias on their property at Bungaree. Hannah works full time on the farm and studied agriculture at university.
Join Lorelie and Hannah for an inspiring evening talking about all things dahlias. Enjoy the dahlia paddock in bloom and make a beautiful bunch of seasonal flowers to take home.
This workshop is intended for all ability levels and intended to be a fun, light hearted evening enjoying the beauty of dahlias with other flower lovers.
This workshop includes:
- A guided tour of the dahlia patch
- Talk about stage of harvest and demonstration of harvesting dahlias, scabiosa and zinnias
- Discussion about dahlia breeding and saving seeds
- The opportunity to wander through the dahlia patch at your leisure and take photos
- Hands on experience harvesting scabiosa and zinnias grown on our farm to include in your bunch
- Floral snips are provided for this workshop for you to take home
- Participants will each make a generous bunch of flowers to take home with them at the end of the evening using a selection of flowers grown on the farm but focusing mainly on dahlias
- Demonstration on wrapping your bunch of flowers
- Opportunity for Q and A at the end of the evening with Lorelie and Hannah
- Light meal, tea and coffee provided
- Delicious sweets provided by local business Edible Indulgence
The workshop will be held at the Bungaree Mechanics Hall adjacent to our farm in Bungaree, please wear closed toe shoes and sensible clothing that you don’t mind getting a bit dirty when we walk the farm.
Workshop address: 221 Bungaree-Wallace Rd, Bungaree, Vic.
DIETARY REQUIREMENTS: if you have any dietary requirements please add a note at checkout so I can cater for afternoon tea.
I’m so looking forward to hosting you at the farm.
Please note tickets are non-refundable, however if you are unable to make it on the day you may send someone else in your place. If COVID-19 impacts the workshop it will be rescheduled to another date. If you test positive for COVID-19 and this prevents you from attending the workshop please let me know asap and we will attempt to re-sell your ticket and refund you.